Tuesday, April 18, 2006

UK Met

A very fast (email) reply from the United Kingdom Meteorological Office was received this afternoon. Mr. Ian MacGregor, whom I've dealt with before (April 11, 1944 research) kindly said he will be mailing me historical weather data for August 4th, 1943. I am in his debt.

I hope to discover high upper winds aloft. This will help to account for the large navigational error that the crew of 801 experienced.

Also received today was a reply from folks at The National Archives. The reply was in response to my request for more information on the staff of the American Legation in Lisbon. It is unknown if Colonel Pons was a member of the staff or if he was a member of the Portugese military. The document sure implies Col. Pons was a member of the former, not the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home